Motius - We R&D: From autonomous industrial robots to self-charging drones and chatbot platforms, we're building it and you can be part of it. Motius is a research and development company specializing in the development of products and prototypes in the latest tech fields (AI, IoT, AR/VR and many more). With the unique combination of a permanent core team and an interdisciplinary tech community, we reinvent R&D and develop the tech products of the future together with our customers. Motius is based in Munich & Stuttgart, Germany and in Dubai. In 2022, we're opening up a new office & location in Serbia and you will be one of the first team members there.
As Backend Engineer (Python/Django) (m/f/d) you're part of our Software Cluster and join our diverse R&D projects in small and agile teams. You can find sample projects in our Motius Success Stories. At Motius you'll not only be part of our exciting projects, but also will help our Software Cluster to become constantly better, e.g. by creating reusable components and assets or by coaching and mentoring younger engineers in projects or during their career development. In addition, our tech clusters are responsible for creating roadmaps and evaluating upcoming technologies and programming languages to be realized in future projects. Internally we call this position Tech Specialist.
- Depending on your background and your preference, you are building complex production ready systems and digital solutions for a wide range of industries and for different use cases
- Following a two-weekly Scrum process using GitLab, Jira, Slack, Continuous Integration & Delivery, etc.
- Mentoring and coaching engineers on Backend, Architecture & Cloud topics, making sure we build high quality products
- Constantly improving our Software cluster and building up knowledge by introducing new tools, best practices or frameworks and sharing learning from our projects
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or in similar disciplines and at least 4 years of experience in agile development projects
- Proven experience in Python and frameworks like Django or Flask; experience with AWS products and services (Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, ...) or other Cloud solutions and curiosity for our DevOps processes and infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher) is a big plus
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications/digital products
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development and strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
Your benefits & our offer
- Fulltime & permanent position at Motius in Serbia - first as a Freelancer or employed via our Partner Company (Workmotion) and then later employed in our Serbian legal entity (currently in the legal process for that)
- We enable: The chance to use newest technologies in our different projects, an individual learning & development budget and a defined Talent Journey for your further growth
- We create: Huge impact on the products of the future and insights from a broad range of industries, in an environment with flexible working hours and up to 50% remote work
- We explore: Regular Tech Discovery to stay close to new tech and our Discovery Conference
- We are community-driven: Vibrant & interdisciplinary tech community and regular teambuildings & companys events
You can find more details and reasons why you should join Motius in our latest blog post and on Instagram @team_motius.
Does that make you curious? Read more about our selection process here: How to join Motius Feel free to approach Julia for any questions regarding becoming part of our talent community. We are looking forward to receiving your application!